Friday, January 04, 2002

AYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Let me quote the e-mail I just got:

"Dear Tracey,

It's my pleasure to inform you that you've been invited to present your poetry and receive the International Poet of Merit Award at The International Society of Poets' Spring Convention and Symposium (our 12th convention) to be held March 1-3, 2002, at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.

Dr. Len Roberts
Educational Director"

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance* More details later, I am sure....wow. I have never won a poetry contest in my LIFE! And now, perhaps this one is going to bring monetary benefits as well? Wow. Me - an International Poet... who'd athunk it?!

Now, for the, ahem, other side of this coin....the inspirations for the poem. One of them is being such a pain in the posterior that I am not even concerned about his reaction. The other one, however... oh the other one. I mean, since I wrote the poem, we are so close again - closer than ever in fact - and now I am afraid he is going to not react well to this. My biggest fear is that he is going to just shrug it all off. Put up that layer that he shows to the world. And that I will never know how he really feels. *sigh* Oh well. I get to go talk to him about it tonight and then let him read the poem for himself.

But, for now, I think I am going to be elated. I did something good! :o)

No comments: