Wednesday, January 02, 2002

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Just when you thought I'd given up blogging, POOF, here I am again! :o) Lessee what the last weeks have brought.

1. I have a new job. Well, I will have in a couple of weeks. I will be an Administrative Secretary for the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. So, with the semester starting on MONDAY, I am going to have a million things to do. If I don't blog much, don't get too worried about me. :o)

2. Christmas. Christmas was great. We spent it in my in-laws' new home - a home that is still under rennovation. They haven't moved in yet, but we decided to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there. I always look forward to Christmas, not for the gifts we get, but for the time we get to spend with the family. Makes me feel like I am a part of something very wonderful. My In-Laws make it so special for us. It is kind of hard to describe it, but I guess those of you who know me can figure it out! It was such a great time. And yes, we did get and give lots of presents. I enjoy shopping for my loved ones so much! I think everyone enjoyed the presents we got them. It was very cool that my Dad-in-law liked his stuff. Max got all kinds of stuff for his new room. Mom got almost all the books to complete her John Grisham hard-back novel collection. (We got her one, Max got her one, and Dad got her three, so all she is missing now is "The Firm.") Mikey is LOVING his new trench coat. And his dice from Crystal Caste. And all the other stuff. Of course, we all got spoiled by Mom and Dad, and each other, so it was fun all around. Aaron loved all the toys, and this year I even think he liked the clothes too.

Then came New Year's. Oh my gosh. The party at Oak Street was just too cool! We had just enough folks for it to be fun without having it get too crowded and out of hand. All the guests had a great time, even though many left right after the toast. The party itself was over by about 2, and then Mike and I crashed at Jeff's house. Jeff and I slept most of the day at his place, but Mike went out and about and ran errands and went truck shopping and all that jazz. Misty and Ed and the other Misty were up and around early, but then my Misty crashed out for a long while too. Mike came and got Jeff and me up and we went and got some lunch and test drove the truck that Mikey wants. Then we went back to Jeff's house and Jeff and I crashed while Mike and Max went to Misty and Ed's and watched a movie. We were awakened later and all of us (sans Ed - who went to see LOTR with some of his other buds - and Max - who went home to shower and crash out) met Bobby and Missi for dinner and then went to B&M's to watch movies. We got home prolly round 1 or so.

Then today is back to the grind...So, welcome 2002 - it's looking good so far!

No comments: