Thursday, April 11, 2002

Hello Blog! Long time no write! Busy here still, but had to take a second.
Okay, um, Coronation weekend was busy but fun. Mike and I left Friday night, just the two of us. See, Misty wanted to go see Holmes in a play in which he starred, so she headed off to Iesha's earlier on Friday. Also, Joe was supposed to go with us, be he got the whole day off, so he got to go with Rayne and Caedmon. So, it was just Mikey and me. We drove to past Memphis, and ate at the Applebee's there. Steak was good. :o) Then we drove to Tupelo and spent the night. Since our FIFTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY was Saturday, we figured we'd celebrate Friday night instead.

We got up the next morning and drove to Royal, Alabama, where the event was. In case you've never been to Royal, Alabama, let me tell you this: Highway 78, the road you take to get there from here, is very hilly, two lane, and goes through many small communities. So, the trip took us like 3 hours. Well, I was kinda sweating it, because I knew that Radu and Broinfhionn wanted to elevate Rayne into the Order of the Pelican, which meant that They would have to do it at Their last court. Well, Their last court was supposed to be held at 9:30 a.m. We left Tupelo at 7:30 a.m. For those of you who are math deficient like me, that means that yes, we missed court - or so one would think. So I am kinda disappointed when we get on site and then I see Rayne. And she's all dressed up and hasn't gotten her Pelican regalia on or anything. So, she tells me that no, They haven't done it yet, that court has been delayed and is about to start in 10 minutes. So, picture if you will a very happy me. :o) Mike and I practically RUN to Troll, troll in, jet BACK to the Tracker where we throw garb on OVER our regular clothes, and head back to sit with Rayne, Caedmon, Joe and Jerry, when we see TRM, TRH, TSH and TSE all processing in to court.

Long story short, I got to be there to see my dear friend elevated! YIPPIE!!! (If this last paragraph makes NO sense, click on the s c a link on the side and it will take you to the homepage of where all of this began.)

So, after the courts, we watched the pickup fights. Mike, Joe and Jerry all got out and did pickups with other squires and knights that they rarely get to see. They all had fun. Misty and I got to sit with Caedmon and watch the fighting and got to hear very good pointers from him. And it was good to just visit with him, since I haven't seen him in so long. I've really missed him and Rayne. Then, the knights had a meeting, which Caedmon went to. The squires and other fighters decided to do melees. Mikey was the marshall, and I asked if I could marshall too. He said yes, go get a big stick. So, I went and borrowed one from a wonderfully sweet squire (who's name escapes me). Then Luther came out there and helped me learn how to marshall. He's real cool like that.

Well, Misty made it to site, but she was not pre reserved, which meant she didn't get a bed or feast. Since all the bottom bunks were taken by the time Mike and I made it to site, we all decided to head on out and catch a hotel on the road. So, back to Tupelo we went. We ate at Outback and then went back to the hotel and crashed.

We got up the next morning and drove back to Memphis. ANNND we went to Wolfchase Galleria for shopping!!!! Clinique, Lane Bryant, Build-A-Bear Workshop, GODIVA, and the Disney Store got some of my money. We were ALL OVER that mall, let me tell you. Then, we headed over to Red Lobster for YUMMY dinner. After that, we headed back home. It was a very good but very tiring weekend.

Okay, so Monday brought work. It was so hectic over here that I didn't get to go to Philosophy class, Fine Arts Musical class, or lunch!!! So, I went home and ate Chinese food with the boys and Terry. Then I had to go to the Library to do homework for Tuesday's Library Media Class and to Wal-Mart for Slim Fast bars and Granola Bars for lunches/breakfasts/snacks.

Tuesday was pretty similar to Monday, except I did get to go to Library Media. And then we got a huge bundle of news dropped on us: MY DEAN IS LEAVING!! She got a position at another University, so she is leaving in JUNE! :o( NO!!! I just got here! Of course, if it is good for her, then I am happy for her. But her leaving is going to cause a very large hole in this University. She has done more for our college than I can say. I will miss her.

Wednesday was better. No lunch, but I did make it to both of my classes ANNNNDDD I finally got a huge stack of scholarship applications processed! (Which is good, because the committee meeting is FRIDAY!!) Also, Dr. Cave gave our Philosophy exams back. I made an 81, which is a B. Not stellar, but not failing either. Averaging my two exams together, I am sitting at an 87.5. If I do well on the last exam, and keep doing okay on the quizzes, I should get an A from the class. Cave is cool. He makes you think. I'd take his classes anytime.

So, here we are to today. I am so behind on e-mail it ain't funny. I need to e-mail Donna, Bronwen, Bridget, Ed, Bobby, Shannon and Judy. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm lucky!

Oh, and I added Bobby's page to my links. I hope he smiles when he sees it. :o)

Gotta run. Work to do. (BTW, this has taken me like two hours to write... I just kept saving it periodically when work would come up for me to do!!!)

Peace! :o)

No comments: