Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Man, what a long time since I've posted. Lots of things have happened. The highlights:

Finally got over being sick. Check.
Finished semester project for Library Media class. Check.
Finished extra credit for Philosophy. Check.
Went to concerts for Fine Arts Musical. Check.
Wrote concert reports for Fine Arts Musical. Check.
Crammed for Fine Arts Musical make-up exam. Check. (Thank you, Misty!)
Took Fine Arts Musical make up. Check.
Oh, and of course, the biggie: checked Jeff into the hospital. Somebody that young and that tough should not be as sick as he was, but he was. We could have lost him - it was that serious. I don't want to write it down - I don't want to relive it. He is much better now, but has a long way to go.
Luckily: 1. We have the best friends on the planet. 2. We got in touch with his family. 3. He bucked up and survived.

Mer and Scott, Stu, Bridget and Byron, Jeremy and Terry, Dave and Steph, Shakar, Shannon, and Holland all came in to see Jeff. We were all together. It was "old home week" as Steph put it. I just wish it had been for reasons other than one of our own being so very sick. To all of you guys who traveled so far: we really are lucky to have each other. Thank you all so very much. I love each one of you.

Plus, Bobby, Ed, Misty and Mike have been sheer ANGELS through all of this. They pulled shifts around the clock to be with Jeff until we got in touch with the family. I don't know what I would have done if it were not for them. If you guys ever read this, you all have no idea how much you mean to me. Thank you so much for the coordination and pulling together. You four have done so very much that I cannot begin to list it all here. Thank you for taking care of my Bubba. I know he means so much to us all.

And Stu, thank you so much for everything: being a rock when I needed it; for coming home when I could barely get the words out to ask; for being part of the muscle; for taking J&T to Memphis, even though you had to turn right around and drive all the way back to Conway AND had to be at work the next morning....Cuz, I don't know what I would do without you. You are truly a huge part of my heart. Thank you so much for being my Cousin.

In all honesty, I thank each and every one of you guys who dropped everything to come home this weekend. It was so good to see you all, and I think that your being here is part of what has made Jeff better.

Oh, and on TOP of all of this: EVENSONG FOREST ROCKS! When I got to the business meeting Sunday, all of you had all the snafus worked out. Any question I had was answered; every duty was volunteered for. You all pulled together and I am SO VERY GRATEFUL for each of you as well. You guys make me proud.

These life lessons may be hard learned, but when you learn them, you feel very good.

No comments: