Monday, November 26, 2001

Happy Monday After Thanksgiving!

The holiday was quite nice. Lots of friends and family. Started off the holiday by going and visiting with Jocelyn and friends at her home. It was such a great time. We were not going to stay very late, as Misty had to get on the road home for the holiday, and we did not want her traveling so late. But time flew and we had many laughs and made great new acquaintances.

Thursday was a good holiday. Slept in a little late, Mike went and picked up Aaron. Went to the Sheffield lunch, whereupon we gained Max for the afternoon (yippie!) and then went down to Marked Tree to the Steele dinner. Again, we had many laughs and fun at both gatherings, and the food was just too good for words. (Broccoli Rice casserole - YUM!!!)

Friday was errand and traveling for me. I got my car's oil changed. I took Mikey some lunch. Then I headed out to Misty's parents' home and met her cousin and cousin-in-law. We discussed SCA stuff and had a good afternoon. Then I came back here, Mike went and got Aaron, we ate dinner, and YIPPIE: SCOTT AND MER came to town!!! So, we all stayed up til around midnight, planning our activities for Saturday. Regan was with the Grand's, so Mer was free to shop as she wished!

Saturday came and Scott and Mer brought breakfast over and then Mer and I went in one car, and the boys went in another. Mer and I had lots of time to shop, chat, catch up, vent, rant, laugh and just spend time together. (It is very hard to spend the necessary amounts of time together when one sister lives three hours away, and the other is immersed in her career and upcoming marriage. So the times together are more precious than I can say.) We met the boys for lunch at the Mean Pig. (Yes, it is a bbq place, and it is so very good.) Then we disbursed again and Mer and I went to Hobby Lobby to get stuff for a project, and to Once Upon a Child to get clothes for Regan. Oh, and I got Regan a GLOWORM!!! We came back home, Misty came over, and we chilled for a while. Mike, Scott and Aaron caught up with Jeff, so all of them came to the house. Stu came over (FINALLY! - Hey, I miss my cousin too! :o) )and he brought Kemp with him. (Good to see Kemp - its been too long.)

Mer, Misty, Stu, Kemp and I piled into Mer's van and went to Hastings and then to Wal-Mart for groceries for jambalaya for dinner. Stu also got stuff for meaty rotel dip. YUM! Ed FINALLY got off work and came over too. We got back home, cooked, ate, watched "Shrek" and then goofed til very late.

Sunday morning brought 10:30 a.m. fighter practice, cause we were all Jonesing to practice with Scott, and we knew they had to be on the road home fairly early. So, we practiced until 2:30 or so, and then I had to go prepare for the business meeting.

Meeting went really well. Had three event bid presentations. Fielded questions from the group. After the meeting, several of us stayed and talked while Misty, Jerry and Allen played guitars and sang. Of course, before we left, everyone (mostly) chorused in for "It's Been a While" and it sounded very good. Then, we locked up and left the library, and Misty, Jocelyn, Me, Ed, Jeff and Mikey all went to Ryans for dinner. My friends are a hoot. Then we all left and went to the Oak Street Residence. Ed and I worked on his webpage, FINALLY finding out the solution to the long-standing problem we've had!!! :o) Everyone else talked and laughed and Ed played dj for us. Jo had to go home, cuz she was fallin' asleep. At 1, Jeff announced that he was going home because it was 1 in the morning! Ed and I did one final thing on the page - not finished, but had to pause! - and then Mikey and I left.

So, all in all, the holiday was just great. I got to see a majority of my nearest and dearest. Of course, this accounting left out details, (like the 4 stickers I got at Ryans from the gumball machine because Mike and Jeff gave me quarters....) Good times. Great friends. I love my life! :o)

No comments: