Wednesday, November 14, 2001

Just when you think you are full up, life decides to add more to your plate. (And since we are using a food reference, obviously I am not happy with what I am about to write about!)

Betrayal. I have two friends. Let's call them He and She. Story of unrequited feelings (he has them for her) that has gone on for several years. Her phone number is private. When she gave it to me, she asked that I KEEP it private. Well, last night, he came over and asked to borrow my phone (which is odd because he keeps his phone with him at all times.) I said sure, but where was his phone. He told me it was at home (in a tone that I knew he was lying!) so then I asked who he was going to call that he didn't want to know it was him calling. He said nobody. So, I told him sure, he could use it. When he left, I went and checked my call history, and sure enough, he had called nobody.

I thought it was just a matter of him changing his mind. So, this morning I get a phone call from him, and he's all depressed over her and that he called her last night and that he had used my phone to get her number. Okay, the confession he made still didn't hit home. I didn't realize what he was saying - I just thought that he had called information and then erased the call from my list. It didn't dawn on me that he went into my phone contacts list and got her number.

He LIED! He went behind my back and used me! He betrayed my trust! And now he has the nerve to cry on my shoulder about it? Nope. Not gonna happen.

So, first I have "Mr. doesn't even care that he broke my heart" and now I have "Mr. Use Tracey and Abuse her trust." What am I supposed to do now?

No comments: