Friday, November 16, 2001

So, how did last night go? Well, perhaps this will sum it up: "He" sent an e-mail to several of us this morning at 7:30-ish. The Subject: Goodbye. The Message, in its entirety: Goodbye. Enjoy yourselves.

That is it. So, I guess he didn't like the way things went last night. But, I guess I'll need to tell you what happened last night to paint the picture.

Yesterday's post told how he "called a meeting" between "She" and I. Well, when I talked to "Poppie" and told him what was going on, he said there was no way he was going to let the three of us talk alone. Okay, so it is almost 6:30, time for me to meet her and "Chickie" to go walking. "Poppie" starts getting ready to go with me. I asked if he wanted to go for exercise or to serve as protection. He sheepishly admitted, "Both." So he and I get in the car and when we get to the track, there is nobody there. So, I hop on the cell phone and call "Chickie". She says that their mom is just leaving and that she is on the way. I ask her if "Baby Bro" was coming and that Poppie wanted to talk to him. So, she puts Baby Bro on the phone. Poppie just tells me to ask Baby Bro to come too, so he does. Chickie and Baby Bro get to the track about 5 minutes later and join Poppie and me in stride on the track.. They tell me that "Big Brother" will also be joining us...I'm like, "WHO?" to which everyone laughed. Sure enough, Big Brother files in a few minutes later. So, the five of us are hoofin it around the track and then we see "She" (all names, btw, changed to protect the tired and innocent.) so the six of us go around the track in several formations, walking, jogging, running, whatever. At one point we looked like the Secret Service jogging with the president. I said, "man, now all I need is a pair of sun glasses and a cheeseburger.."

So, we finish our walk, and then regroup at my house to plan where we were eating. (Okay, I am a lame chickie... I HAD to go and touch up my makeup before we went out...) We then piled in cars and went to eat at El Barzon...GREAT Mexican food, btw...and somewhere it was decided that we'd all be at my house at 9 for the "meeting". Sure enough, "He" shows up as planned, and I could tell that he was wanting to talk to just "She" and me. He even said that he was uncomfortable talking in front of an audience. But, he plunged in anyway, talking to me about how he *&^$ed up by using my phone, etc. I told him how mad I was. (I did not raise my voice or my fist either. I am proud of me.) Then he turned his talk to "She." She too told him how bothered she was. These two conversations went on for about 30 minutes. Then, at one point - and I don't remember what sparked it - he started to say something to me, and Big Brother stood up, pointed at "He", said, "You. Come with me." and headed for the door. Now, let me interject one thing... I never, repeat NEVER want Big Brother to call me out like that. This man has power, let me tell you.

Anyway, so "Big Brother" and "He" were outside for almost an hour. At one point we were wondering if they were even still out there. Then, they came in, and "Big Brother" - after a brief detour - sat back down in his chair and crossed his arms and gave me this oddly wicked yet reassuring smile. "He" sat down, apologized to me - yes, apologized - and then did the same to "She." Then we all kind of wondered where to go from here. "Big Brother" looked at "He" and said, "I gave you the answers. I spent the last hour giving you the answers." So, "He" left a few minutes later. By 11:15 everyone else was gone too. I asked "Chickie" and "Baby Bro" to follow "She" home. Well, Big Brother decided to head on home too, so they all followed "Her" home.

And this morning I come in and find the e-mail. I wonder what it means?

No comments: